Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Dominique


Dominique came into the the Genocide Memorial Centre in Kigali and looked at our site. Like many, she wanted her voice heard and asked for her views to be published on this site.


My name is Dominique and I am a genocide survivor.
For me the Genocide is something beyond imagination…it left me in loneliness and all I can wish is that it may not happen again.
Justice does not work as it should because it does not punish the criminals as it is supposed to.
I don’t think Unity and reconciliation will be possible because the perpetrators do not admit their crimes.

However, I am optimistic about the future because the government keeps on setting good plans for us…
On the other hand, I would like to ask the government to pursue the genocidaires wherever they are because they keep on hunting us!

What Aegis Trust is doing is really good because it us there for survivors and speaks on their behalf on an international level- lot of people have been denying what happened here! And The International Community hasn't shown anything yet. Even the genocidaires being held in Arusha don’t get a punishment complying with their crimes at all.
I think things will be fine in Darfur if we keep pushing on and showing courage.

-Dominique

1 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger refr. said...

Bless you always as you suffered so much before!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

British Blog Directory. Blog Directory & Search engine Listed in LS Blogs Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening? Genocide Intervention Network Politics Blog Top Sites