Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Archbishop of Birmingham sees Shooting Dogs


Below is a letter from Vincent Nichols (Archbishop of Birmingham)


Thank you very much indeed for your letter of the 22 February and for sending me a review copy of the BBC film Shooting Dogs.

I would like to express my appreciation of the film and to say how very moving I found it. It has clearly been made with great sensitivity, indeed affection, for all those caught up in the tragedy at the Ecole Technique Officielle. The film portrays the dilemmas faced by many people with perceptiveness and respect. I was particularly appreciative of the fact that if anything the film understates not only horrendous nature of what occurred, but also the human dilemmas. In this it leaves space for the viewers own imagination and reflection.

I was particularly impressed by the way the characters of Father Christopher and the young English teacher were drawn. The crises that they faced were not minimised nor over dramatised. I think everyone who sees this film will always retain a vivid memory of the terrible events that took place. They will also be drawn into a profound reflection on the limitations of human nature as well as the demanding summons of the Christian faith.

I am grateful to have had a chance to see this film and I look forward to its general release from the 31st March.

With every good wish,

Yours sincerely

Vincent Nichols
Archbishop of Birmingham

5 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://gkcckzik.com/zsmw/dgyt.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://locqvwzb.com/ojmr/agiw.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://gkcckzik.com/zsmw/dgyt.html | http://xfdkrnua.com/eqau/yclt.html

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Summer-girl223 said...

Hi! my name is Summer Clemmons

I go to High Tech High Media Arts, and i was wondering if I might be able to interview a Rwandan survivor, for my project in my class. Please email me at gotnokitty@gmail.com

THANKSS!!

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Summer-girl223 said...

Hi! my name is Summer Clemmons

I go to High Tech High Media Arts, and i was wondering if I might be able to interview a Rwandan survivor, for my project in my class. Please email me at gotnokitty@gmail.com

THANKSS!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

British Blog Directory. Blog Directory & Search engine Listed in LS Blogs Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening? Genocide Intervention Network Politics Blog Top Sites